Many hundreds or thousands of fragments of glass may be liberated when windows and other glass items are broken. Cases where glass fragments are examined are wide-ranging, from breaking car windows to murder.
We attend laboratories to review work already completed by the Crown. We can also consider a defendant’s account of how glass came to be present on items.
Common casework enquiries include:
- whether another source of glass could have resulted in the scientific findings;
- whether the findings reported by the Crown are accurate;
- whether the database against which results are compared is appropriate;
- what the results reported by the Crown actually mean;
- We also have access to certain analytical equipment to allow further work to be undertaken.
Expert services include:
- Analysis of glass samples
- Comparison of glass samples
- Analysis of the direction of damage caused